The following is a partial directory for conferences, journals, and research networks. Research groups and companies will be added later.
Conferences: The below is a partial list of upcoming conferences which will have structural fire engineering topics. A more complete list can be found here.
- Applications of Structural Fire Engineering conference: held bi-annually; next conf in Manchester 2017.
- Fire and Materials: held bi-annually, February 2017. Proceedings at cost.
- International Association Fire Safety Science conference: held tri annually, next conference to be held in 2017. Proceedings are free.
- Interflam conference: held tri-annually, this years conference was July 4-6th 2016. Proceedings at cost.
- Structures in Fire conference: held bi-annually, next conference is in 2018. Proceedings are free.
- Structures in Fire Forum (STIFF): held twice a year, presentations done by consulting and research engineers. Full presentations can be downloaded for free.
- Canadian Society of Civil Engineers: Held annually usually has a session symposium for fire safety engineering. Student papers are highly encouraged.
- IFireSS 2017 : Held this year in Naples, Italy.
- CONFAB 2017: Held this year in London, England.
Journals : Membership in IAFSS provides free online access to Fire Safety Journal, Fire Technology and the archives of IAFSS (including its symposiums).
- Case Studies in Fire Safety (Elsevier): Papers on application of fire science
- Combustion and Flame (Elsevier): Papers are on fuel behavior
- Fire and Materials (Wiley): Papers deal with material response to fire
- Fire Safety Journal (Elsevier): Covers all aspects of fire safety engineering
- Fire Safety Science News (IAFSS): News from consultancy companies and small papers published quarterly. Limited peer review.
- Fire Science Reviews (Springer): Literature review papers often exceeding 30 pages
- Fire Technology (Springer): Scope has been expanded to deal with the structural fire interface
- Journal of Structural Engineering (ASCE): About 5-8 papers a year of decent quality
- Journal of Structural Fire Engineering (Emerald): Papers are typically expanded SIF and ASFE conference proceedings which were not published in other mediums.
Research networks: A list is provided below for common research networks
- American Concrete Institute
- ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) 7 working group on fire protection
- ASTM E05 on fire standards
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat
- European Committee for Standardization
- International Federation for Structural Concrete
- International Council for Research and Innovation in Building Innovation and Construction
- RILEM Technical Committee on Spalling of Concrete due to Fire
- TUD COST Action TU0904
Though not necessarily a research network this link is quite useful for fire safety engineering concepts.